Blueberry Bronson Prediction Game

We Are Expecting! Due Date Is August 3, 2010!

Tune in to see how Baby Bronson is developing and the challenges and joys that Adam and I face.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Heartbeat: 170 bpm (13 weeks)

Let me tell you...wanna realize just how naive you are about babies? Try having one. I am reading all of the books and still I don't feel like I understand what is going on or have a grasp for what happens when. But, that is okay. My baby seems to be doig all of the work, and I am along for the ride (and the food!).

We went in for our second doctor's visit today (13 weeks) and poof! - we got to hear our baby's heartbeat! Wow! Adam and I both had the "when will we get to hear the heartbeat?" as one of our questions to ask, but neither of us had a clue it would be today! What a lovely surprise!

I think I was so overwhelmed that it was happening that I forgot to react. Adam said that at one point I lit up a when I heard something, but that was followed by the doctor telling me it was just my heartbeat - which is pretty cool to hear, too. Then, he moved a little to my left and this faint little "boom, boom, boom, boom" heart was beating at about 170 bpm. (This is not me on the YouTube video, but here is what it sounds like.) The doc kept saying, "well, that's your baby!" and "isn't it exciting?!" I think he expected me to be overwhelmed with emotion. My reaction was more of the stunned variety. Pregnancy has really mellowed my reactions to a lot of things. Thankfully, Adam took on the welled-up-eyes for both of us. :)

It was a beautiful, sunny morning, we heard our baby's heartbeat, and the bonus was that I actually weighed a pound less than last time (even though I attribute that to the fact that I was wearing Tory Burch flat to-the-knee boots to my first appointment). But that doesn't matter....my chart says I weigh less. :) AND both my doctor and my two favorite nurses commented on the fact that I have a "pooch." Yay! It is fun when the doctors and nurses tell you you are actually showing and that is is not just in your head.

Wow! What a difference a day can make! Yesterday, I felt like I was going to go through the rest of my pregnancy in a teary fog, and today I feel like things couldn't be more perfect!

OH! BTW - we scheduled our next appointment and sonogram for February 26 where we will find out the gender. If you want to participate in our online baby pool, be sure to put in your vote of gender soon! Prizes still to be determined! :)

1 comment:

  1. Kate - so happy for you - isn't it a joy to hear the heartbeat? Post some"pooch" picts!

    ReplyDelete