Blueberry Bronson Prediction Game

We Are Expecting! Due Date Is August 3, 2010!

Tune in to see how Baby Bronson is developing and the challenges and joys that Adam and I face.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Past the point of nausea and fatigue? Hmmm...not quite.

Last week was awesome! I had energy, subbed school every day, worked a bit in Adam's office, ran errands, etc. It was a wonderful week filled with lots of activity and what I assumed to be the beginning of my super-energized "nesting" period. Thursday was only a small setback when it was hard to get out of bed. But once I was up and moving, all was well again.

Friday was good, and Saturday we moved bedrooms to be closer to the room that will eventually be the nursery. Moving was so exciting, and Adam's parents were here with eager hands and great input for furniture layout, and this super mom simply overdid it. I didn't feel like I really lifted much, but I suppose a few solid wooden dresser drawers filled with clothes were a bad idea! After we got everything situated in its new location, I spent the remainder of the afternoon taking Tylenol (the non-contaminated variety - Adam checked for me!) and lounging on the couch with a heating pad (no hotter than medium heat...I promise).

For the first time in my pregnancy, I was a little concerned. They say that you know your body best, and this felt like a red flag moment. But, I decided to just lay low instead of panicking. Later in the evening (after two rounds of Tylenol) I felt better so we went to dinner, and it was a really nice night...pretty pain free.

The next morning, I was a little sore, kind of like a pinching sensation in my abdomen where the baby is. Again, we laid low and went to a light brunch with friends. I wanted to feel as well as possible because Sunday marked my first prenatal yoga class! (My sweet, non-pregnant friend Amy joined me for support.)

All I have to say is wow! Yoga (Uptown Yoga) is such an incredible, therapeutic tool! Not only was the instructor super sensitive to everyone's needs, the stretching and breathing really made my pain dissipate, not to mention completely relaxed me.

Now, if I had been completely smart and on the ball, I would have taken in some cheese or a Belly Bar or something to eat in the middle of class (yes, they actually allow you to eat if needed) because it ran a little long, and I was starving and sick afterward. I spent the rest of my day trying to get back ahead of the nausea, eating all afternoon, and napping.

BUT...this morning, I woke up a little sore from yoga (ya know....the good kind of sore from a challenging workout) and was inspired to try my new moves at home. So, after my sweet husband brought me toast in bed (nausea again!), I got up and rolled out my new yoga mat (courtesy of Ryan and Amanda, my sweet siblings-in-law) and breathed through a handful of the moves. Today's report: I feel great! :) Even after only one yoga class (and maybe because it was morning and I hadn't eaten much yet) I could see that protective fatty layer around my belly button flattening somewhat and instead see the slightly harder curve between my hips that is actually my sweet, growing baby. Very exciting!!

Maybe my dreams of being that cute, small, pregnant belly mama aren't totally wrecked yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment