Blueberry Bronson Prediction Game

We Are Expecting! Due Date Is August 3, 2010!

Tune in to see how Baby Bronson is developing and the challenges and joys that Adam and I face.

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Flood Gates Are Open


Oh my gosh! - You hear about people getting massages, and it providing an emotional release. Well, that has never happened for me. Massages and yoga tend to be these outlets of relaxation bliss for me...until yesterday.

Let me begin with the fact that I HEART my prenatal yoga class at Uptown Yoga. The instructor, Zed, is fabulous and so hands-on, modifying all of the poses to each person's comfort level.

Well, at the end of every class, we do a modified version of the corpse pose. The purpose of the corpse pose is to come to a complete stillness within yourself and the ultimate relaxation. It is also a time where the instructor has us really envision our child to bond. It makes for a very special moment, because if you are like me, you never slow down enough to do that.

There are two popular modifications of the corpse pose that are safe for pregnancy. One is where you saddle up to the wall (literally!) by putting your hips on the wall and your feet in the air with a blanket under your hips. You place your hands straight out to the side or on your stomach.

The other pose, and the one I chose to do, is where you sit Indian-style and lie down with two yoga blocks, one under your shoulder blades and one under your head. As with the previous pose, you place your hands straight out to the side or on your stomach. It looks kind of like the image at the top of this postint but with your legs crossed in front of you.

As I was lying there just being quiet, tears just started flowing. I recalled that the instructor saying in the previous week that this pose is to open up your heart and can be very emotional. Not really believing in that Chakra stuff, I was really freaked out. Then, when she asked us to place our hands on our stomach and bond with our baby, I really about lost it....that's where the flood gates opened. Whoa! It was one of those moments where you just want to crawl under the yoga mat and hide.

After class, I stayed behind to ask about my reaction to the pose. Zed said it was common and that maybe I had been holding in my emotions (aka a blocked Chakra). Not sure I am ready to sign up for that thinking yet, but the tears have continued to flow ever since class. Yesterday and today, if you looked at me wrong, I lost it!

Anyway - this, too, shall pass, but I thought it was incredibly interesting and wanted to share.

Tomorrow we go for our second doctor's visit. Will post more after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment