Blueberry Bronson Prediction Game

We Are Expecting! Due Date Is August 3, 2010!

Tune in to see how Baby Bronson is developing and the challenges and joys that Adam and I face.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Serenity and peace...


...and maybe a little anxiety mixed in there, too. This is what Adam and I are feeling these days knowing that we are within two weeks of meeting our precious Anders. I get very emotional when I think about holding him for the first time and what that "infant" moment of being a parent must feel like.

Last fall, a group of girls and I were planning a baby shower for my sweet friend Kristen Newcom, and one of the other hostesses introduced me to a poem about motherhood. Beyond thinking it was simply an adorable, sweet poem, I didn't totally understand it. Now it has a whole new level of meaning.

Before you were conceived, I wanted you.
Before you were born, I loved you.
Before you were an hour, I would die for you.
This is the miracle of love.
— Maureen Hawkins

As our journey is coming to an end, we are consumed not only by anxiety and peace, but also other emotions of sadness, relief and humility, and excitement.

We have felt a little sadness that we are at the end of the pregnancy, and how quickly it has gone by. As happy as we are to meet Anders, it will be weird to not be large and tired and hungry all of the time.

We have felt relief over how wonderful and easy Anders's development has been and humbled by the amazing privilege of being able to conceive and carry a child. We have never taken any day or stage or challenge for granted, and that has helped us maintain perspective.

And finally, we have felt excitement not only for our future with our baby boy, but for those friends and family that we know are on the verge of this same voyage. We wish for you all of the simplicity, intricacy, ecstasy, and serenity that comes with the miracle of love. May you be as blessed and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment