Blueberry Bronson Prediction Game

We Are Expecting! Due Date Is August 3, 2010!

Tune in to see how Baby Bronson is developing and the challenges and joys that Adam and I face.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Projects prior to our 37th week


We had our 37 week check up today, and things are progressing well. I was dilated about 1 cm and 30-40% effaced....Dr. E was pleased (as were Adam and myself)! :) The heartbeat sounded good, and my tummy is still measuring fine. Not as much water weight on the feet today so my weigh in was less than last week - encouraging for sure!

Anders continues to push and kick up and outward. I still love feeling his movements and love that he is so active. However, I predict that he is going to be a long baby when he is born because his feet manage to get way under my ribcage on both sides even though his body has dropped way down into my pelvic bones. He's quite the kicker! Think he has been inspired by all of the FIFA World Cup coverage. And did I mention that the books say he is about 6.5 lbs...pretty much the size of a watermelon. (please no "Look Who's Talking" jokes about watermelons and lemons....it's a little graphic!)

I am still working at Adam's office, though not full days. Adam brings me home in the early afternoon where I waddle to my bed for a nice lie down for the remainder of the afternoon. The fatigue has been the hardest pill to swallow when the energy of the second trimester was so incredible, but for once in these past nine months I am finally napping and LOVING SLEEP! And since I don't get much during the night, I am not feeling guilty at all! Life is pretty good.

In addition to everyone here being happy and healthy, we have settled into a wonderful place of contentment. All of our big projects in anticipation of Anders's arrival have been completed, and I wanted to make sure those special people were given credit for their hard work.

A few weeks ago, Adam, his dad, and his mom built Anders a small bookcase from scratch. Adam and Mark took care of the construction, and PJ prepped and painted most of the pieces. Adam put the final coat of paint on just this weekend. It took a lot of hours, thought, and hard work, but it is really special and sweet.

Also, my younger brother Jon Michael is living with us and working out here in Dallas this summer, and he and Adam repainted our garage and wall outside of the sunroom. They pushed through their efforts over a few weekends of major heat, but the project is finished and looks great! That is a huge thing to cross off our "to do" list for the house.

In addition to those projects, both sides of the family helped us gather baby photos of parents, siblings, grandparents, and even a few great-grandparents to create a baby photo collage on one wall of Anders's nursery. My mom, Adam, and I painted each white frame with a different pattern of either yellow, pale blue, or pale green.

We also took small, whimsical wooden letters for Anders's name and painted each in the same pastel shades as the frames. Then my dad painted a shelf in a soft cream color that matches the rest of the furniture in the room, and we hung the letters from little knobs with grosgrain ribbon and mounted the shelf over the changing table. The little touches really personalized Anders's room!

And that is news from this week. We are in the throws of the hurry up and wait phase as we grow more an more anxious for our precious little boy to join us. But wouldn't it be great if he was to be born on July 21st? Then my birthday would be April 21st, Adam's birthday would be May 21st, and Anders's birthday would be July 21st! So easy to remember! That's my vote!!

No comments:

Post a Comment