Blueberry Bronson Prediction Game

We Are Expecting! Due Date Is August 3, 2010!

Tune in to see how Baby Bronson is developing and the challenges and joys that Adam and I face.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

My baby must be the Easter bunny!


This has been an eventful few weeks between initial nursery set-up, a great doctor's visit over my 21st week, baby store registries, and Adam felt his first kicks from B-cubed!

The nursery is coming together - all of the furniture is pretty much in place, and we ordered our yellow gingham/smocked bumper earlier this week. That was a huge step, committing to bedding, but we both loved it and feel it will be precious (well, maybe Adam said cute...not sure he uses words like "precious"). I bought some baby hangers (so tiny!) to hang his first couple of daygowns up in the closet. (yes...he will be one of those boys that wears dresses in the beginning...we tend to be pretty traditional with our clothing choices)

My doctor's visit last week went really well, minus the slight jump in weight gain that gave me a panic attack and put a full stop to the petit four indulgences. Thankfully, my friend Mary Kempton (her little girl will be arriving on my birthday...can't wait!!) said that she, too, had a few weight jumps, but that then they had slowed down again. (So, maybe the occasional treat is a good thing...after all, it really is the baby asking for the sweets. :))

Registering has been okay....actually better than I expected. I solicited a lot of advice from my friends and family, and let Adam do the research on the big things like the car seat and the stroller which allowed him to really stay involved. It worked out well. Plus, my friends keep sharing new thoughts and products so little by little, I am signing up for more and more stuff. And while registries are meant to be a place for people to purchase gifts for the baby, they have been an even bigger godsend to serve as a place to get organized.

Now, for the big news of the week! B-cubed kicked for his daddy! I have many moments with the baby throughout the day where I feel him turning or kicking, but nothing gets him moving like the sound of Adam's voice. Adam has been making a conscious effort to talk to our precious one daily, and man, does it get the little guy all wound up!?! I love it! They are already developing that daddy/son bond. Adam first felt him early in the week, but Tuesday night, it was as if the baby knew he was supposed to perform. Pop! Pop! Pop! Pop!...at least 4-5 strong kicks right in a row. Adam almost couldn't catch his breath trying to get out, "Is that him?" and "Oh my gosh!" before the baby would pop him again! It was awesome! I really felt like the Easter bunny was hopping around in my tummy!

I can't imagine how strong those kicks will become over the next four months!

No comments:

Post a Comment