Blueberry Bronson Prediction Game

We Are Expecting! Due Date Is August 3, 2010!

Tune in to see how Baby Bronson is developing and the challenges and joys that Adam and I face.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Our little eggplant


Had our 26 week appointment this morning, and everything looks good. Baby - about the size of an eggplant. Mom's reasonable weight gain - check! Tummy measurement - right in line with the standards! (even though he feels like an alien trying to push his way out most days!) Baby's heartbeat - excellent! Glucose level - ummmm....well....I did have another petit four right before bed last night. I swear.....I never eat sugar and now that is all BBB wants, and I get reprimanded for it!

In one week, I begin my third trimester (cannot fathom that right now). And in two weeks, we go back in for a sonogram and a glucose test to test for gestational diabetes. I have been advised to not eat sugar for 1-2 days prior.

On my honor, I will try to not eat sugar (but it is going to be really hard :)).


They say you know your body best, and I have never been a big "sweet" person because it usually leaves me feeling fuzzy-headed. It's not a taste thing because who doesn't love something sweet and delicious!? It is a "it doesn't make me feel well afterwards so why do it?" kind of a thing. I have never felt that I process sugar like other people do. But ever since the second half of my second trimester, I have started craving everything sweet in sight. I wasn't getting headaches or a fuzzy head, so I just assumed that pregnancy had adapted my body to process the sugar properly. Evidently not if a petit four from the night before sends up a red flag. Oh well....we will see what the results of the glucose test return and go from there. In the meantime, I suppose I will just have to stifle my sweet tooth.

(Also...update on the bedskirt...came back from the tailor, and it looks great! Crisis averted!)

No comments:

Post a Comment