Blueberry Bronson Prediction Game

We Are Expecting! Due Date Is August 3, 2010!

Tune in to see how Baby Bronson is developing and the challenges and joys that Adam and I face.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Holding my breath.

I dropped off our adorable Beatrix Potter tie-on dust ruffle this morning at the tailor. As it turns out, our precious dust ruffle is actually for a twin bed...or maybe it's a big, long curtain valance....not sure, exactly now...whoops! So, we are having it converted to a crib bed skirt. I went and bought some muslin for the base, and I explained to the tailor our crib dimensions.

Seems simple enough to me. Cut a rectangle of muslin to lay over the spring bed support and attach the fabric to it. Well, no "project" is complete without a few caveats. In this case, the tailor will need to cut off the very ends of the piece because they hang longer than the rest of it...so there's that. Also, a skirt that hangs over a crib base either needs to have holes or slits cut for the support hooks to slip through.

Anyway, (after looking at me like I had 10 heads and saying that she didn't know how a crib base worked - freak out moment #1) the lady at the tailor drew out a picture, wrote down the dimensions, and wrote down the special instructions....I think. I have a copy of the order, and it looks kind of like the button holes are on the top of the muslin instead of in the corners, and she just said to cut off the extra fabric....not that the ends are longer and thus the skirt needs to be constructed from the middle portion of the fabric.

I am having a slight panic attack this morning and have already called them to double check that the instructions make sense. That was met with, "well, you talked to the lady at the desk, right? I'm sure she can explain it to the tailor." Oh my! (freak out moment #2!) This didn't make me feel much better, and I launched into a diatribe about how important this one piece was and that I had custom ordered everything else based off of this skirt working out, and if it is a mess up, then everything will be messed up. (Am definitely having trouble breathing right now!)

I hung up with my last words being, "well, you have my cell phone....please, please, please call with any questions." (still freaking out!)

Anyway, I asked if it could be ready on Saturday. My family will be in town then, so my plan is that if it turns out horribly wrong (freak out moment #4!), then at least I will have a support system to man my meltdown.

Okay....I feel better already....I think. (Gulp!)

1 comment:

  1. Take a breath. You figured out how to make the bassinet skirt work...you will figure this out too!

    ReplyDelete