Blueberry Bronson Prediction Game

We Are Expecting! Due Date Is August 3, 2010!

Tune in to see how Baby Bronson is developing and the challenges and joys that Adam and I face.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Starting on the nursery


We made a ton of progress in the nursery over the weekend, setting up the furniture and looking at bedding.

My parents made it in to Dallas on Wednesday afternoon. On Thursday, my mom and I ran around looking at bedding options and basic registry ideas. That can still be overwhelming! :) (am still avoiding Babies R Us because it scares me...Buy Buy Baby seems to be the less stressful option at the moment).

I already have an adorable Peter Rabbit toile bed skirt that my dear friend Julia passed on to me three years ago. It is this sweet, soft colored, very traditional, custom-made bed skirt with a yellow cotton border and ties. This has been the nursery starting point. However, the conundrum has been finding other pieces to go with it. There are a million different baby bedding sets and patterns, but when you try to buy things a la carte like baby bumpers and fitted sheets, there seems to be a lot of either blue or pink or white....not yellow.

Anyway, our last stop before lunch was at a wonderful little store in Snider Plaza called Night and Day. If you are familiar with Hip Hip Hooray (very, very traditional baby boutique where everything is smocked, gingham, seersucker, or pique), this is the baby bedding sister store. It has some of the most exquisite baby bedding that I have seen, and it was hard to not fall in love with everything in the store! But, thankfully, I had a mission to focus on - to find something that would work with the toile crib skirt. I came across this gingham baby bumper that has smocking on it and a stripe that lines the inside and looks like seersucker...three of my favorite baby fabrics! Oh my gosh! It was so perfect! Now....the store displayed it in blue, and the question was 'could they get it in yellow??' (which, of course, means a custom piece....Adam and I can hear the cha-ching, cha-ching already!) But, we figure we can look at this as an investment.....? And if it is in yellow, then it will be good for a son or a possible future daughter, right??? Regardless, it will be darling!

Then, my mom, dad, and I ran around to Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn looking for little crystal knobs to add some personal touches. While we ended up ordering little blue acrylic knobs from Target at the end of the day, we did come across a white cotton pique bassinet bed skirt and bumper. We didn't purchase it initially thinking that it wasn't necessary, but still super cute! After washing the 32 year old bassinet bumper and lining pads (the ones that my older brother, Will, myself, and my younger brother, Jon Michael, all used) that disintegrated in the washing machine, the PB Kids bassinet bedding turned out to be the perfect solution! My mom and I spent Friday night sewing on little blue ribbons, and our little white wicker bassinet looks precious! (even Hayley got to try it out!...ya know...our first born...hee hee!)

Saturday was soooooo fun! After putting together the crib that Adam and his sister, Amanda, used when they were babies, Mama, Daddy, Mark, PJ, Adam, and I (plus Hayley, Heine, and Tucker...our dogs!) arranged and rearranged the baby room several times until we got a system that we think will work best. It was great having all eyes to come up with a layout that worked for the space, and it will be perfect!

Adam and I spent a while in the nursery last night after everyone had gone home or gone to bed just looking and imagining what life will be like in four and a half months. Will he be a crier? Whose eyes, hair, nose, ears, etc. will he have? What will we name him? Will we ever be able to get anything done again or will be just sit and stare at him all of the time? (hee hee! we will probably be guilty of staring for a lot of the time!)

Regardless, it was such a special weekend to have our parents in to share in these special moments. We can't imagine doing this without you and love you so very much! Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. We are definitely glad to have all the help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of laughs, a few sentimental tears, and probably too much advise from Dad and me, helping with the nursery was great fun! And it is so special that the crib, dressing table/chest, and bassinet all come with their own story from each family and soon our little baby Bronson will add his own history.

    ReplyDelete