Blueberry Bronson Prediction Game

We Are Expecting! Due Date Is August 3, 2010!

Tune in to see how Baby Bronson is developing and the challenges and joys that Adam and I face.

Monday, March 1, 2010

It's a Boy!

Boy-oh-boy!....Blueberry Bronson is a boy! My friend Leslie lovingly named him B3 this weekend for Baby Boy Bronson.

No more blueberries here as he is now the size of a sweet potato and growing rapidly. Over the next three weeks, B3 will double in size going from 5-5.5" to 10-11"! No wonder I am starving all of the time. :)

B3 was on his best behavior at Friday's sonogram. When the technician started moving the wand over my abdomen, he rolled right over and said, "I'm a boy!" And just to make sure we had seen correctly, he proudly posed two to three more times. I had tears streaming down my face, so proud and satisfied to realize that even before I saw the proof, I knew that it would be a little boy....thanks to the baby bonding in prenatal yoga. But, Adam, was hysterical!! He didn't cry or get overly emotional, but that didn't matter. I could just feel the BEAMING coming from up by my head when he heard it was a boy. I suppose that deep down it is every girl's dream to have a sweet, little girl and every boy's dream to have a strapping son (and don't get me wrong...I am sooooo excited for a boy!!), but I can't stop teasing him about it....he is so cute!

We signed up for the 30 minute sonogram session so we could spend a lot of time peeking in on the baby. Our package didn't include 3-D, and truthfully, we weren't sure how we felt about the 3-D sonos because the baby can really look alien-like. But, every time the tech would roll the wand over his face, he would turn and look...almost like he was posing for a picture. So, the technician was really sweet, and showed us some 3-D images and provided some short videos, also. Such a treat! He smiled, he sucked his thumb, he rolled, and rolled, and rolled, and then he even yawned for us.

It was a wonderful doctor's visit! The baby looked good...four sound heart chambers and a solid, beautiful spine, and I was told that I have gained between 4-5 pounds so that was comforting to hear...feels like so much more than that! We walked away feeling very elated!

In the meantime B3 keeps flipping in my stomach, which I LOVE to feel! I keep thinking that any day Adam will be able to feel his son, too. My friend Lenda told me she almost felt the sensation of motion-sickness from all of her daughter Grace's flipping, and I think that is a pretty accurate description for it. Not so much the sickness part, but there is the constant feeling of going over the top of a roller coaster peak and losing your stomach. So fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment